WHAT: The Sierra Nevada Women’s Active 20-30 Club of Douglas County is proud to sponsor this year’s annual Carson Valley Duck Derby. Active 20-30 supports community agencies such as Austin’s House, the Boys & Girls Club of Carson Valley, the Douglas County School District’s Backpack Buddies, the Douglas High School’s Students in Transition and the Family Support Council.
WHEN: The event is set for Sunday, June 15, 2014 in the Lampe Park Creek in Gardnerville. The Community race will begin at 1pm, followed by the Business Class race at 2pm, and the Service Clubs/Churches race at 3pm. The races coincide with the Annual Carson Valley Days hosted by the Carson Valley Men’s Active 20-30 Club.
WHERE: Lampe Park Creek in Gardnerville, Nevada.
Single Duck – $5 donation, one racing duck will be adopted in your name and entered into the derby.
Quack Pack – $20 donation, five ducklings to be entered into the derby for an increased chance to win.
Flock – $50.00 donation, best bang for your buck gets you 13 ducks entered in the derby.
Come Join the Fun on Derby Day! However, you need not be present to win.
BUY YOUR DUCKS TODAY!
1. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Race Committee.
2. A number is attached to each duck corresponding to the number on your ticket. Positive identification will be required to claim any prize(s) won. A list of prizes can be obtained from Sierra Nevada Active 20-30 / Carson Valley Duck Derby by sending a written request with a self-addressed stamped return envelope to: Sierra Nevada Active 20-30 PO Box 2231 Minden, NV 89423.
3. No cash equivalent or exchanges will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner.
4. By entering, the entrants release the sponsors, the beneficiary, its officers, directors, volunteers, staff and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes.
4. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
6. Because of value received, entries are not considered tax deductible by the IRS.
7. All participants enter Lampe Park at their own risk.
Sierra Nevada Womens Active 20-30 Club #730 provides young women with an opportunity for personal growth, friendships and leadership development while improving the quality of life for the special needs children in Douglas County, Nevada.
Board meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30 at The Flight. For additional information, send an email to the president Felicia King.
General meetings are held on the Third Wednesday at Francisco’s in Minden, Nevada. Meetings begin at 6:30PM. All visitors are welcome. Please email the president to make the necessary arrangements.
An additional date may be set at the end of the month for socials. This is a time for members and prospective members to enjoy each other’s company and get to know one another. Please contact the president for more information.